This course educates Body Artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and precautions to take for risk reduction.
This course is for Body Art Practitioners & Body Piercers who need OSHA compliant bloodborne pathogens and infection control training, according to OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 as part of their job requirement because they may face occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens and infectious disease.
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws (compliance)
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan