This course is designed to equip Florida Cosmetologists with a comprehensive overview of information involving HIV/AIDS. By taking this course, it will give Cosmetologists an increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS and allow them to better assist and care for their clients. The course covers HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment, Legal & Ethical Issues, and Psychosocial Issues. Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation: Board of Cosmetology Provider ID: 0008603, Course ID: 0501440.
What to know before taking this course:
- A certificate of completion is issued upon successful completion
- This certificate must be submitted to the Board of Cosmetology by the person applying for their license
Cosmetologists in Florida seeking to obtain their initial license through the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. This includes those who are applying for the following: Cosmetologists (CL), Facial Specialists (FB), Full Specialists (FS), Limited Cosmetologists (LC), and Nail Specialists (FV). This course fulfils the 4 hour HIV/AIDS training requirement.
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- List the means that HIV/AIDS is transmitted and infection control strategies
- Explain testing and counseling
- Discuss clinical manifestations and treatment
- Understand legal & ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
- Explain psychosocial issues with HIV/AIDS