Approved by FL Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Course #: 0501440
This course is designed to equip Florida Cosmetologists with a comprehensive overview of information involving HIV/AIDS. By taking this course, it will give Cosmetologists an increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS and allow them to better assist and care for their clients. The course covers HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment, Legal & Ethical Issues, and Psychosocial Issues. This course is designed to be online, on-demand, and self-paced.
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- List the means that HIV/AIDS is transmitted and infection control strategies
- Explain testing and counseling
- Discuss clinical manifestations and treatment
- Understand legal & ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
- Explain psychosocial issues with HIV/AIDS