In accordance with California's Responsible Beverage Service Training Act this course educates servers & managers with applicable California laws & how to be compliant.
What to know before taking this course:
- You must register for an account & get an "ID Number" through California Alcoholic Beverage Control (CA ABC): https://abcbiz.abc.ca.gov/
- When you complete our course, enter your assigned "ID Number" where prompted
- Using your "ID Number" we report your course completion to CA ABC
- Once your completion is reported, you must login to your CA ABC account to complete their exam for RBS certification
Passage of Assembly Bill 1221 in 2017 created the Responsible Beverage Service Training Act. The bill required the department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to create the Responsible Beverage Service Training Program to ensure servers and their managers of alcoholic beverages are educated on the dangers of serving alcohol to minors and over-serving alcohol to patrons with the intention of reducing alcohol related harm to local communities.
This training program is for the estimated 1,000,000 on-premises alcohol servers, managers, and licensees required to complete it by law in the State of California.
- Explain the impacts of alcohol – both positive & negative – on multiple levels: for the individual, the community, the state, and in general.
- State the effects of alcohol on the human body, including how it is processed.
- Recognize the signs of intoxication and recall what affects its severity.
- Distinguish what are the legal requirements for alcohol servers in California, and what their legal obligations are.
- Identify the role of the ABC and law enforcement in the regulation of alcohol.
- Differentiate between a legally acceptable ID and unacceptable IDs for alcohol sales and service.
- Evaluate when a patron needs to be refused service.
- Develop policies encouraging responsible alcohol sales & service and proper legal compliance for their business.