**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
Chronic pain afflicts millions of Americans, results from a variety of causes, and contributes to missed work as well as increased financial burden. This course will review common causes of chronic pain, diagnosis and imaging, as well as pharmacologic management and non-pharmacologic treatment options. Professionals will also learn the interprofessional roles in the team-based management of chronic pain. The intersection of chronic pain and diversity, equity and special populations will be explored.
- Physician Assistants
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
- Other Allied Health
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Describe the diagnosis of multifactorial chronic pain syndrome
- Summarize comprehensive chronic pain management in a compassionate manner
- Articulate up to date best practice treatments for chronic pain patients, including pharmacological and non pharmacological options
- Explain various theories and models of chronic pain and how to apply them to clinical practice
- Describe the role of the interprofessional pain management team