This course is intended to teach healthcare providers about the need for cultural humility, as well as the main components of cultural humility. The learner will learn how to initiate the practice of culturally humble care. By the completion of the course, the learner will demonstrate knowledge and skills related to cultural humility by passing a post-test with a score ≥ 80%.
This course is appropriate for registered nurses, as well as all other healthcare professionals.
- The learner will be able to define and compare cultural humility and cultural competence.
- The learner will describe the impact of racism, power, and identity on care outcomes
- The learner will describe the 3 main components of culturally humble care.
- The learner will understand strategies for the application of the components of cultural humility
- The learner will identify techniques for interacting sensitively and effectively with people from cultures or communities that differ from one’s own.