Get access to these and all of our healthcare courses with the Unlimited Nursing CEU Subscription.Learn More
This course is an overview of the basic knowledge and competencies required to recognize and respond to actual and potential incidence of domestic violence. It covers related factors, manifestations, related legislations, prevention strategies, and responsibilities of healthcare providers in the context of domestic violence.
This course is primarily intended for nurses. Other allied healthcare professionals may also benefit from the contents of this course.
At the completion of this activity, healthcare professionals will be able to:
- Identify the types of domestic violence
- Describe the characteristics of domestic violence victims
- Explain the risk factors, lethality issues, and dynamics of domestic violence
- Classify the implications and adverse effects of domestic violence on the individual, family, community, and healthcare system
- Discuss a model protocol for addressing domestic violence
- List resources for domestic violence victims
- Explain mandatory reporting rules and the nurse’s role in relation to caring for patients in the context of domestic violence
- Assess measures to prevent domestic violence