**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
This one-hour continuing education presentation is designed to provide healthcare professionals, mental health practitioners, and educators with a comprehensive understanding of postpartum depression in fathers. While postpartum depression in mothers has received significant attention, fathers' experiences often go unnoticed or misunderstood. This course aims to bridge this knowledge gap by exploring the causes, symptoms, risk factors, and effective interventions for postpartum depression in fathers.
This course is appropriate for:
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
At the completion of this activity, healthcare professionals will be able to:
- Define postpartum depression, specifically in fathers
- Describe the assessment of postpartum depression in fathers
- Explain the healthcare provider’s role in the diagnosis and management of postpartum depression
- Describe potential negative impacts of postpartum depression in fathers
- List support strategies for fathers with postpartum depression