This course is a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. It's designed to increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS and improve care for clients. Course covers: HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment and Florida Laws and Regulations.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals in Florida required to take 1 continuing education hour in HIV training for license renewal.
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- Understand the means of HIV/AIDS transmission and infection control strategies
- List types of testing and counseling
- Explain clinical manifestations and treatment
- Describe what the Florida Omnibus AIDS act does