This course is designed to equip Florida professionals with a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. By taking this course, it will give the learner an increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS and allow them to better assist and care for their clients. The course covers HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment and Florida Laws and Regulations. This course is designed to be online, on-demand, and self-paced.
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- Understand the means of HIV/AIDS transmission and infection control strategies
- List types of testing and counseling
- Explain clinical manifestations and treatment
- Describe what the Florida Omnibus AIDS act does