This course is a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. It's designed to increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS and improve care for clients. Course covers: HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment and Florida Laws and Regulations.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals in Florida required to take 3 continuing education hours in HIV training for license renewal.
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- Describe the means of HIV/AIDS transmission and infection control strategies
- List types of testing and counseling for HIV/AIDS
- Explain clinical manifestations and treatment for HIV/AIDS
- Describe what the Florida Omnibus AIDS act does