This course is designed to equip healthcare professionals with a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. By taking this course, it will give the learner an increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS and allow them to better assist and care for their clients. The course covers HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, and Clinical Manifestations & Treatment.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals required to take 3 continuing education hours in HIV training for licensing.
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Discuss HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology
- Describe the means of HIV/AIDS transmission and infection control strategies
- List types of testing and counseling for HIV/AIDS
- Explain clinical manifestations and treatment for HIV/AIDS
At the completion of this activity, assistants, aids, support staff, and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Define HIV and AIDS
- Explain how HIV/AIDS is transmitted