Recognizing and responding to signs and behaviors that may be associated with human trafficking. Includes information about the types of human trafficking, contexts, victims, criminals, reports and legal actions.
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of this continuing education course is to teach students to recognize and respond appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with human trafficking, in health centers, and in other contexts. Legal processes are also described.
- Understand the types, venues, and dynamics
- Describe the impacts
- Recognize risk factors, warning signs, and indicators of human trafficking that may be observed in adults and minors in healthcare settings
- List assessment tools that can be used to identify human trafficking victims
- Discuss the importance of using a trauma-informed approach when screening victims
- Identify resources for legal and social services available to victims