This training teaches professionals how to recognize and respond to signs and behaviors that may be associated with human trafficking. It includes information about the types of human trafficking, contexts, victims, criminals, reporting suspecting human trafficking, and provides resources for victims or potential victims.
Healthcare professionals that will benefit from recognizing and responding appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with human trafficking in health centers other contexts.
- Understand the types, venues, and dynamics
- Describe the impacts
- Recognize risk factors, warning signs, and indicators of human trafficking that may be observed in adults and minors in healthcare settings
- List assessment tools that can be used to identify human trafficking victims
- Discuss the importance of using a trauma-informed approach when screening victims
- Identify resources for legal and social services available to victims