**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
The purpose of this course is to teach Florida nurses to recognize and respond appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with a disability in the workplace. Includes information on treatment programs, Florida IPN, and Florida law regarding reporting suspected impairment.
- Nurses in Florida
- Identify risk factors and signs of impairment.
- Analyze barriers to early identification of impaired nurses.
- Describe behaviors that may indicate diversion of controlled substances.
- Explain regulatory mandates that govern discipline and treatment of impaired nurses in Florida.
- Recall essential steps to report or refer a nurse who may be impaired.
- Outline the services provided by Intervention Project for Nurses in Florida.
- Summarize employer initiatives aimed at prevention and early identification of impairment in the workplace.