Approved for Florida Nurses!
Recognizing and responding to signs and behaviors that may be associated with impairment in the workplace. Includes information on treatment programs, Florida IPN, and Florida law regarding reporting suspected impairment. 2 CEU
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of this continuing education course is to teach students to recognize and respond appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with a disability in the workplace of nursing professionals.
- Analyze barriers to early identification of impaired nurses
- Describe behaviors that may indicate diversion of controlled substances
- Understand regulatory mandates that govern discipline and treatment of impaired nurses in Florida
- Summarize the essential steps to report or refer a nurse who may be impaired
- Outline the services provided by Intervention Project for Nurses in Florida
- Outline employer initiatives aimed at prevention and early identification of impairment in the workplace