**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
The purpose of this course is to teach nurses to recognize and respond appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with a disability in the workplace. Includes information on treatment programs, ethics, Nursing Compact laws and reporting suspected impairment.
Nurses seeking training in workplace impairment
At the completion of this activity, healthcare professionals will be able to:
- Identify risk factors and signs of impairment
- Analyze barriers to early identification of impaired nurses
- Describe behaviors that may indicate diversion of controlled substances
- Explain regulatory mandates that govern discipline and treatment of impaired nurses
- Recall essential steps to report or refer a nurse who may be impaired
- Outline existing services available to nurses with substance use disorders
- Summarize employer initiatives aimed at prevention and early identification of impairment in the workplace