The purpose of this course is to teach nurses to recognize and respond appropriately to the signs and behaviors that may be associated with a disability in the workplace. Includes information on treatment programs, ethics, Nursing Compact laws and reporting suspected impairment.
- Nurses seeking training in workplace impairment
- Identify risk factors and signs of impairment.
- Analyze barriers to early identification of impaired nurses.
- Describe behaviors that may indicate diversion of controlled substances.
- Understand regulatory mandates that govern discipline and treatment of impaired nurses.
- Recall essential steps to report or refer a nurse who may be impaired.
- Outline existing services available to nurses with substance use disorders.
- Summarize employer initiatives aimed at prevention and early identification of impairment in the workplace.