This course is intended to teach healthcare providers the basics of telehealth with examples of encounters that can be accomplished via telemedicine, and “webside” manner. Visit essentials and case studies are explored to optimize the patient experience. By the completion of the course, the learner will demonstrate knowledge related to telehealth and telemedicine by passing a post-test with a score ≥ 80%.
This course is appropriate for registered nurses, as well as all other healthcare professionals.
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Explain critical factors contributing to the expeditious adoption of telemedicine
- Identify key challenges with telemedicine practice
- Summarize the statutory and reimbursement status for telemedicine practice, in general, and in your state of practice
- Facilitate best practices for telemedicine in the participant’s area of practice
- Incorporate solutions for telemedicine challenges
- Integrate the patient experience into improving the quality of telemedicine
At the completion of this activity, assistants, aids, support staff, and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of telemedicine
- Explain the challenges of telemedicine