Designates a retired copy of a course which is needed on an iterative schedule (every 1/2/3…yrs). Due to inability to “reset” user progress and retain previous completion data, iterative schedule courses are cloned to obtain a new Course ID. Any previously active versions are set to “Retired Clone”.
Designed for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers in Los Angeles County, CA who need Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control training according to California State Body Art Act (AB 300 & AB1168) Article 3, Section 119307 and CA Code of Regulations Section 5193 of Title 8, Cal/OSHA BBP Standard as part of their job requirement because they may face occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and infectious disease in the body art setting. This course educates Body Artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and presents best practices on precautions to take for risk reduction. Body Artists are provided the necessary information to become registered as a Body Art Practitioner in Los Angeles County, California.
Body artists in Los Angeles County California (all other counties click here) who need annual bloodborne pathogen training for initial or renew Safe Body Art Act permit. Including, but not limited to:
- Tattoo artists
- Permanent Cosmetics artists
- Branding/Scarification artists
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan
- Complete registration form for Body Art Practitioner