Haga clic aquí para Español
Note: This training requires the uploading of a valid, legal ID. The name on your ID must match your “Professional Legal Name” in your “Profile” on this site (it will be printed on your Certificate of Completion), and is also the name required on your “Body Art Practitioner Registration” form for Los Angeles County.
This course educates Body Artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and presents best practices on precautions to take for risk reduction. Body Artists are provided the necessary information to become registered as a Body Art Practitioner in Los Angeles County, California.
Designed for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers in LA County, CA who need Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control training according to California State Body Art Act (AB 300 & AB1168) Article 3, Section 119307 and CA Code of Regulations Section 5193 of Title 8, Cal/OSHA BBP Standard as part of their job requirement because they may face occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and infectious disease in the body art setting.
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of this course is for Body Artists to implement best practices in protection from bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases. In addition, Body Artists will be equipped to practice within the parameters of local, state, and federal laws.
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws (compliance)
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan
- Complete registration form for Body Art Practitioner