**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
Interprofessional collaboration enhances the quality of life for individuals with chronic pain. Mindfulness meditation may be used as a nonpharmacologic therapy to support the individual with chronic pain. This course will introduce mindfulness, lead students through a mindfulness practice, and discuss the interprofessional collaboration of professionals who care for individuals with chronic pain, including mindfulness as a therapy.
- Physician Assistants
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Social Workers
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Describe the impact of chronic pain on Americans
- Explain the correlation between chronic pain and mood dysregulation
- Describe key mindfulness techniques, how to practice, and benefits for chronic pain
- Choose specific mindfulness interventions that are appropriate for client situations
- Discuss the interprofessional roles of health care providers who teach and support the practice of mindfulness