Approved by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission
On August 1, 2001, the Michigan Liquor Control Commission began requiring server training for employees of establishments that wish to obtain a new on premises state liquor license or transfer more than 50% interest in a business with an existing on premises liquor license. This course fulfills this legal requirement for Michigan servers or supervisory personnel. It covers both on-premises and off-premises training.
This course has an audio component.
Providing Date of Birth (DOB) is required by this course (it is required on your official certificate).
Uploading a valid, government-issued photo ID is required by this course for identity validation.
The server will become familiar with important legal and safety aspects of serving liquor in the state of Michigan, as enumerated in MCL 436.1906 (6). This ensures that servers are aware of their legal responsibilities, along with best practices for ensuring a safe and responsible workplace.
- Understand basic calculation of Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
- Differentiate visible & invisible intoxication factors & how they apply
- Recognize & react to various stages of intoxication
- Implement interpersonal skills to slow down consumption &/or cut alcohol supply
- Outline aspects of disorderly conduct according to Michigan law
- Comprehend Michigan law pertaining to age & hours of service
- Critique presented ID to ensure legality