This course educates Minnesota body artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and precautions to take for risk reduction.
This course is for Body Art Practitioners & Body Piercers in Minnesota who need 5 hours of bloodborne pathogens, the prevention of disease transmission, infection control, and aseptic technique training to be licensed according to 2020 Minnesota Statute 146B.03.
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws (compliance)
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan