Ohio’s recent entrance to the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) has significant implications for Ohio nurses and for nurses from other NLC states who seek to practice in Ohio. It is imperative that nurses who seek to practice in Ohio or hold a multi-state Ohio nursing license understand their legal responsibilities. Continuing education rules and regulations for nurses are discussed.
Approved contact hours: 1.0 continuing education contact hours for nurses are approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing through the OBN Approver Unit at the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Continuing Education Program, (OBN-011-93). Contact hours are valid in most states. Program #230210-1.
- All nurses in Ohio (RN, LPN, APRN)
- Nurses in other states who seek to work in Ohio using their NLC license
At the completion of this activity, healthcare professionals will be able to:
- Describe key implications of Ohio’s entry to NLC from the perspective of an Ohio nurse
- Describe required CE for Ohio nurses using their licenses in other NLC states
- Explain required CE for practice within Ohio using NLC, as a nurse licensed outside Ohio