Designates a retired copy of a course which is needed on an iterative schedule (every 1/2/3…yrs). Due to inability to “reset” user progress and retain previous completion data, iterative schedule courses are cloned to obtain a new Course ID. Any previously active versions are set to “Retired Clone”.
This course is an overview of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) and includes best infection control compliant practices for healthcare workers.
This course is intended for individuals who need OSHA compliant bloodborne pathogen & infection control training according to the OSHA Standard CFR 1910.1030, because they may face occupational exposure to BBP and other potentially infectious materials as part of their job requirements and duties.
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Describe OSHA’s BBP & IC standard
- Discuss standards of precaution in infection control
- Explain how pathogens are transmitted
- Explain how to limit pathogenic exposure using precautions, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, disinfection, and disposal of regulated wastes
At the completion of this activity, assistants, aids, support staff, and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Define OSHA
- Explain how to limit the transfer of bloodborne pathogens through hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, disinfection, and disposal of waste
- Explain how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted