This course is intended for individuals who need OSHA compliant bloodborne pathogens & infection control training according to OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 because they may face occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials as part of their job requirement.
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of the standard is to teach healthcare personnel, body artists, and other at-risk professionals to limit occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials because any exposure could result in transmission of bloodborne pathogens that could lead to disease or death.
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms