This course educates Body Artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and precautions to take for risk reduction.
Designed for Tattoo & Body Artists who need training according to 29 CFR 1910.1030 BBP Standard as part of their job requirement because they may face occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and infectious disease in the body art setting. This course is designed to be online, on-demand, and self-paced.
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of this course is for Body Artists to implement best practices in protection from bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases. In addition, Body Artists will be equipped to practice within the parameters of local, state, and federal laws.
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws (compliance)
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan