Teachers encounter many events throughout their careers that cause stress or conflict, this tension effects classroom success and teacher retention. In this course teachers will develop a deeper understanding of and build skills, for sustaining resiliency in the classroom and in schools. Teachers will learn how to foster success, overcome adversity, and achieve excellence in education.
This course is designed for educators, K-12 teachers and administrators/leaders who are interested in learning how to build resiliency at their school, in their classrooms, and fostering resiliency in students.
- Understand characteristics of resiliency and how to incorporate resiliency for increased classroom and student success
- Describe conditions that foster resiliency and enhance student achievement
- Implement strategies to adapt to adverse conditions
- Learn specific school programs/resources to build resiliency in teachers
- Understand the role of resiliency