This course reviews key concepts related to the tick lifespan, various types of ticks, and their disease transmission. The location for certain ticks in the United States will be reviewed. Specific tickborne diseases, their transmission, presentation, diagnosis, and treatment will be discussed in detail. The student will learn key concepts in tickborne disease prevention.
All healthcare providers
At the completion of this activity, healthcare providers will be able to:
- Describe ticks that are endemic to a particular geographic region.
- Compare the pathogenesis of select tick-borne diseases
- Describe the presentation, symptoms, management, and treatment of several tickborne diseases
- Identify key concepts in patient education and tick-borne disease prevention
At the completion of this activity, assistants, aids, support staff, and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Explain tick-bite prevention strategies