**ONLY** courses designated with tag “All Courses” will show up on the /all-courses/ page and be searchable in the search box.
This course provides a comprehensive discussion of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) specifically as it manifests in girls. The unique symptoms and challenges faced by girls with ADHD and how these impact their overall well-being is explained. Participants will gain knowledge of the diagnostic criteria for ADHD, enabling them to recognize and assess this condition accurately. Attendees will learn about a range of effective interprofessional treatment options for girls with ADHD, encompassing both medication and behavioral approaches. Specific recommendations for parent education and school support are provided.
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
At the completion of this activity, healthcare professionals will be able to:
- Identify the unique symptoms and challenges of ADHD in girls and its impact on their well-being
- Describe diagnostic criteria for ADHD
- Explore effective interprofessional treatment options for girls with ADHD, including medications and behavioral approaches
- Explain strategies for managing ADHD-related challenges for girls at home and at school