Approved by Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure for Licensed Professional Counselors & Licensed Marital & Family Therapists (LPC/LMFT)
This course is designed to equip Healthcare Providers with the information necessary for effective suicide prevention. By understanding risk and protective factors, trainees will gain increased capabilities at identifying the best course of action when dealing with suicide cases. The course covers suicide assessment, treatment, and management. By the completion of the course, trainees will be able to assess a variety of situations and determine appropriate actions and responses. The course is based on current empirical research and best known practices. Provides 3 CEU.
- To appropriately assess for suicide risk
- Appropriately document suicide cases
- Evaluate appropriate responses and design effective treatment plans
- Define risk factors and increased risk in vulnerable populations
- Understand and implement suicidal management
- Build awareness to reflect sensitivity and relevance to the culture and background of patient populations