California Alcohol Servers
Responsible Beverage Service Training California
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control requires all alcohol servers and their managers to take the Responsible Beverage Service Training, also known as the RBS training by August 31, 2022.
Take our 3-hour RBS training online at your own pace. We are one of the only ABC accredited RBS training providers to offer the training in English and Spanish.
Trusted by over 20,000 Professionals
Hear from our customers:
“Clear lessons with quizzes that weren't overly easy and made me pay attention and really think about the answers.”
“Great knowledge provided on how to manage a guest who may be becoming intoxicated. Preventing issues is better than reacting to issues.”
“I liked the visual and audio together. I think it reinforced the information.”
Next Steps for RBS Training for Alcohol Servers and Managers
- Register as an alcohol server in California in the Responsible Beverage Server Training portal (RBS portal). You will need to pay a $3 fee for the exam when you register. Watch this video for instructions:
- Buy our Responsible Beverage Server training in English or Spanish for $12. We are an approved RBS training provider.
- Complete our training online. It is a 3-hour course that you can take at your own pace. Start and stop when you need and your place will be saved. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have questions when you take the course or contact us by email or phone.
- We will immediately report that you completed the training to your account in the Responsible Beverage Server Training portal.
- Log in to your account in the RBS portal and take the exam.
- You have 3 tries to pass the exam by getting a 70% or better. If you don’t pass after three tries, you will have to retake our RBS training and pay $3 again for the exam.
- When you finish the exam, you will be issued a certification number which is valid for three years. The alcohol server certification number is recorded on your dashboard in the training history at the bottom of the page of the RBS Portal.
Next Steps for Employers Providing RBS Training to Staff
- Buy our Responsible Beverage Server training in English or Spanish for your group. Choose “for group” when you buy. Create a name for your group and enter how many RBS Trainings you need to buy for your staff.
- Your order will be discounted in your cart based on how many you purchase.
- After you purchase, login to your account and invite your employees to take the course. It will take less than 5 minutes for you to set it up. Track your staff’s progress and send email reminders to people who haven’t finished.
- When your employees finish our training, we will report it to their account in the Responsible Beverage Server portal. They will then see in their portal that they are eligible to take the exam, which they access through their RBS portal.
- Employees receive their certification when they complete our training and pass the exam with ABC. ABC is working on the ability to allow employers to confirm their staff’s status through the RBS portal, but that feature is not yet available. Visit ABC’s site for the latest information.