This course is approved by: Contra Costa County, San Bernardino County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Sutter County, Tulare County…and more to come!
Counties/Cities accepting training approved by other counties: Amador County, Calaveras County, Glenn County, Humboldt County, Imperial County, Inyo County, Kings County, Lake County, Lassen County, Madera County, Marin County, Mendocino County, Modoc County, Riverside County, San Francisco County, San Joaquin County, San Luis Obispo County, Tehama County, Tuolumne County, Yolo County, Yuba County. City of Vernon
We encourage checking with your local enforcement agency (LEA) to confirm certificate acceptance!
This course educates Body Artists about risks involved with exposure to blood and presents best practices on precautions to take for risk reduction. Body Artists are provided the necessary information to become registered as a Body Art Practitioner in California.
Designed for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers in CA who need Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control training according to California State Body Art Act (AB 300 & AB1168) Article 3, Section 119307 and CA Code of Regulations Section 5193 of Title 8, Cal/OSHA BBP Standard as part of their job requirement because they may face occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and infectious disease in the body art setting.
Expectations & Goals
The purpose of this course is for Body Artists to implement best practices in protection from bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases. In addition, Body Artists will be equipped to practice within the parameters of local, state, and federal laws.
- Comprehend terminology associated with federal, state, and local laws (compliance)
- Understand how pathogens transmit or move in the environment
- Identify various pathogens & their symptoms
- Describe ways to limit pathogenic exposure using hand hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Organize chemicals, storage, and sterilization practices
- Design facility set up for hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling
- Institute workplace & engineering controls
- Explain how to handle an exposure incident
- Summarize an Infection Prevention Control Plan