This course equips Healthcare Facility Employees and other employees that have the potential to come in contact with blood and bodily fluids, with the information to reduce the risk of contracting or exposure to HIV/AIDS. The learner receives increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS and allows them to better assist and care for themselves and the population they serve. It covers HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology, Transmission & Infection Control, Testing & Counseling, Clinical Manifestations and Treatment, Legal Ethical Issues and Psychosocial issues all surrounding HIV/AIDS. Based on the KNOW curriculum.
- Healthcare Facility Employees in Washington seeking HIV/AIDS training
- Discuss HIV/AIDS Etiology and Epidemiology
- List the means that HIV/AIDS is transmitted and Infection Control Strategies
- Discuss the methods of HIV testing and pre/post testing counseling
- Describe the clinical manifestations and treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Explain legal and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
- Discuss Psychosocial issues with HIV/AIDS